So you’re switching to Pippa. Smart choice! But how do you do it?
Pippa makes it as easy as possible to move your episodes, show notes and subscribers with zero downtime.
1. Import your RSS feed on Pippa
- If you haven’t already done it, create an account with Pippa and log in.
Import your show. If your show is already on iTunes, just search for the name, and it will come up. If not, you can simply enter your existing podcast RSS feed URL, something like
- Once the import is complete, you'll be sent an email including your new Pippa RSS feed URL. It will be something like
- This is your Pippa feed URL. Copy it to your clipboard.
2. Redirect your feed from Buzzsprout to Pippa
To redirect your feed, you need to tell Buzzsprout your new Pippa feed URL. Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them to redirect your feed. Here's a sample email for you to customize.
Please perform a 301 redirect for my show ENTER YOUR SHOW NAME http://www.buzzsprout.com/YOUR-OLD-FEED and point it to my new feed, https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/YOUR-NEW-PIPPA-FEED-URL
- Important Note: We recommend that you keep your account with Buzzsprout for 2 weeks after redirecting to Pippa to ensure that everything moves over smoothly. After that you can cancel your service.
Checking if your redirect worked:
- Open your web browser, enter your old RSS feed URL, and hit enter. If the redirect is working, you will automatically be taken to your new feed URL at feed.pippa.io.
- If it doesn't work right away, don't be alarmed. Wait ten minutes, clear your browser cache (or open in incognito/private mode) and try again. If the problem continues, please email us.