So you’re switching to Pippa. Smart choice! But how do you do it?
Pippa makes it as easy as possible to move your episodes, show notes and subscribers with zero downtime.
1. Import your Podcast onto your Pippa account (if you haven't yet)
- If you haven’t already done it, create an account with Pippa and log in. Then choose to import an existing show.
- If your show is already on iTunes, just search for it by name. Really easy.
- If your show is not on iTunes, then enter your existing podcast RSS feed. This will be a web URL, something like
Once you’ve clicked Import Show, we will start to copy all your files over to Pippa. This can take about ten minutes, so go make yourself a cup of coffee ☕️
We will email you when it's ready.
The email will contain your Pippa RSS feed URL. It will look something like this:
This is your Pippa feed URL. Copy it to your clipboard.
2. Redirect your feed in Wordpress
- Sign in to your Wordpress admin account for the domain which hosts your podcast.
- Choose Plugins > Add New from the sidebar
- Search for
"redirection"and select the plugin below from John Godley. Choose Install and then Activate.
- Go to Plugins and hit the "Settings" link on Redirection
- Open the Redirects tab
- Create a new redirection. Where it says Source URL enter your old podcast feed URL (something like
http://mydomain.com/feed/podcast). Where it says Target URL enter your new Pippa feed URL. Hit Add Redirect.
3. Check the redirect is successful
Open your web browser (like Chrome or Safari) and enter the address of your old
RSS feed URL, and hit enter. If the redirect is working, you will be taken automatically to your new feed URL at feed.pippa.io.
If you are not taken to this new Pippa feed URL, then wait ten minutes, clear your browser cache (or open in incognito/private mode) and try again. If the problem persists, please email us.